Getting fed up of wearing those thick eye glasses or contact lens? Maybe it is the right time for you to have a LASIK surgery to be done in Thailand.
What is a LASIK surgery?
A LASIK surgery is a type of surgical procedure for correcting vision/eye problems like hyperopia, myopia and astigmatism.
What the meaning of the acronym LASIK?
Because of some people found it hard to pronounce the whole word, an acronym was produced. LASIK means Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis. This word is a combination of Latin and Greek words. Situ means in Latin, “original place”. Kerato means cornea in Greek and the word mileusis means “to shape.”
Who are the best candidates for LASIK Thailand?
Not everyone is can be a candidate for this kind of surgery. There are some requirements to be one:
- A patient must be at least 18 years of age.
- A patient must not taking any prescribed medication or drugs
- A patient is not pregnant or breastfeeding
- A patient must be in good of health
- A patient should not have any injury, infection in the past years
- He//She is not a Lupus patient
- No cornea problem or scarring on the cornea
- He/she must not suffer from dry eye syndrome
- He/she must understand the health risks and some limitations involved.
What are the eye or vision problems that can be corrected by a LASIK surgery?
- Astigmatism a condition of asymmetry of the corneas
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hyperopia or farsightedness
- Mixed astigmatism where the eye is both near and farsighted. Thus, the eye is having different meridians or directions.
- For those persons which is also correctable by eyeglasses or by using contact lens can be corrected by more permanent way by LASIK vision correction
What are the eye or vision problems that cannot be treated by LASIK Thailand?
- Amblyopia or lazy eye
- Presbyopia or the aging eye
Blurry vision due to some illness such as cataract or glaucoma can be treated but not through the LASIK surgery
What are the advantages of a LASIK surgery?
- LASIK surgery will be able to correct the problem of nearsightedness (myopia) and the farsightedness (hyperopia) and the problem of astigmatism.
- The LASIK procedure is short and fast. The whole procedure will takes only five to ten minutes.
- LASIK is guided by a computer so it is accurate.
- LASIK surgery gives the effective result in just a single treatment. Enhancement is needed after many years of the initial operation.
What are the common side effects of a LASIK surgery?
- The slow healing of the eye’s surface
- The diffuse lamellar keratitis or the inflammation under a flap
- Dry eyes
- The migration of the surface epithelium which can be found underneath the flap
- The wrinkles in the flap or flap striae
- The halos and glare around lights at nights
- The over or under correction that a second treatment is necessary
- The light and pain sensitivity that can occur within a week after the flapless operation